I'm a seasoned and experienced system administrator, database developer and DevOps expert. I'm an expert in windows system administration and automation utilizing Chef automation software and creating custom reports from SQL Server.
In my current role, I have worn many hats, from software development, to quality assurance and automated testing, to system engineer and last known configuration automation. In my time, my team has reduced the amount of overhead needed to manage a product that's currently in nearly 60,000 restaurants around the world, and growing at a 30% per year rate. We've automated nearly every aspect of devops, from creating new customer databases to deploying new software versions. I've also been responsible for the creation and maintenance of an internal customer info and reporting tool to better prepare our future infrastructure needs.
--I've been around internet technology since 1995. From the original html1.0 static web pages to dynamic multimedia content to rich applications.
--The MVP of a win doesn't matter, as long the team wins
--Fires are my biggest opportunity to shine
I'm always open to new professional acquaintances. I love talking shop about technology, I'm a huge baseball fan and will talk all day about either. Reach out if you'd like to have a conversation about anything.
• Created infrastructure from scratch for new hospitality booking project utilizing AWS.
• Docker containers in serverless ECS (Fargate) and Serverless RDS (Postgresql)
• IAC using Terraform
• CI/CD using GitHub actions
• Performed pricing reviews and made recommendations based on user load.
• Managed automated pen testing procedures
• Participated in PCI audit data gathering and audit interviews
• Participated in agile celebrations, refinement and sizing, and roadmap discussion meetings weekly
Skills: IT Strategy · Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) · Continuous Delivery · Continuous Integration · Git · Amazon EC2 · Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) · Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) · Amazon CloudFront · Amazon S3 · Amazon ECS · Terraform · Amazon Web Services (AWS) · Cloud Computing · DevOps
• Performing a full range of devops functions to control systems and attain maximum utilization and efficiency.
• Managed day to day operations for six-person development team and external QA team.
• Scrum master duties, including sprint planning, task sizing and estimation, daily stand-up meetings and twice monthly stakeholders’ meetings
• Built infrastructure stack using Terraform for AWS.
• Performing regular pricing reviews of AWS assets to ensure best sizing and pricing are being utilized
• Scheduled deployments on elastic beanstalk applications.
• Stack included AWS, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, CloudFront, S3 and Lambda
• Managed internal security and privacy training for GDPR, HIPAA and other regulatory compliance protocols as needed.
• Managed automated pen testing procedures
• Managed secure access password vault for 10 employees
• Managed G-Suite administration for 30 employees
• Managed Active Directory for 30 employees
• Managed procurement and inventory of computing devices for 30 employees
• Performed automated stress testing during each sprint to ensure that newly deployed code was as performant as previously deployed code.
• Assisted with database query design and tuning as needed.
Skills: IT Strategy · Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) · Continuous Delivery · Continuous Integration · Git · AWS Elastic Beanstalk · Amazon EC2 · Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) · Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) · Amazon CloudFront · Amazon S3 · Terraform · Amazon Web Services (AWS) · Cloud Computing · DevOps · VMware
• Served as subject matter expert for two of NCR’s hospitality enterprise hosted solution products.
• Tech stack included: Azure, MS SQL Server, .net, Chef, Rundeck and SALT server
• Build & maintain multi-tenant VMware platform in multiple international and domestic data centers. Patch automation via WSUS and SALT jobs.
• Automation efforts for both on-premises and cloud-based software deployments using Chef, ARM Templates and Terraform. Transition from manual, batch-based deployments to full pipeline based automated CI/CD deployments for three different hosted applications. Migration from on-prem to Azure based PaaS using ARM and Terraform templates.
• Monitoring application health for a large-scale e-commerce solution using Kibana, built dashboards in Azure Analytics to allow stakeholder access to near and real-time performance metrics.
• SQL server queries and reporting based on development team needs.
• Design jobs via PowerShell and Rundeck over ssh for windows.
• Designs and implements system security measures such as backups, access control, system accounting, and disaster recovery to ensure and maintain system integrity and availability.
• Participates in the development and implementation of agency information system policy to establish agency operating standards and procedures.
• Performs fault isolation and repairs in a complex computing/networking environment independently or in consultation with vendor or other technical personnel to diagnose and correct system problems.
• Participates in the development of internal data management plans and coordinates plans and activities with personnel of other agencies to avoid duplication of efforts, share information, and maximize system efficiency
• Participates in the planning, implementation, and management of special projects to develop project management skills and assisting in achieving agency information systems objectives.
Skills: Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) · Continuous Delivery · Continuous Integration · Git · Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) · Terraform · Cloud Computing · Microsoft Azure · Chef · DevOps · VMware