- $30 - $50/hour
Full Stack Engineer Job Description
LocalVR is a rapidly growing and full-service vacation rental management company operating primarily out of Breckenridge, CO and Park City, Utah. Our company vision is to provide the attention to detail and personal care of a small, local company backed by an industry-leading technology suite. We have invested a lot of time, money, and resources into developing cutting edge technology for the short-term rental industry with the help of a reputable software development agency and are now ready to bring development in-house.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer with at least 5 years of web development experience who will lead in developing, testing and implementing innovative software for our company. The ideal applicant is someone who is comfortable with being autonomous while in a fast-paced and completely open development environment.
To continue to grow each year requires innovation, critical thinking, and an entrepreneurial attitude. If you have that drive and interest to think outside the box - we want to hear from you.
LocalVR has developed several applications to assist in scaling the company and maximizing revenue with a software development agency. In Q4 of 2022 we are beginning to transition to in-house development and grow in our engineering team.
- LocalVR Admin Tool - A dashboard that syncs data from our property management software (PMS) via API such as reservation details, reservation financial information and more. This application allows us to organize hundreds of thousands of data points, build new applications and two-way communicates with our property management software.
- LocalVR Pricing - An admin tool that allows us to set pricing rulesets and daily rates for over 200 properties. The backend system on the LocalVR Admin Tool is operated by our revenue management team who constantly monitor and adjust the rules to meet homeowner revenue expectations as well as the market at any given time. The adjustments flow back into our PMS via API. We’ve conducted multiple case studies that proves LocalVR Pricing outperforms competitors up to 100% in year over year comparison. This pricing application is a cornerstone of our service offering.
- LocalVR Owner’s Portal - This application is client-facing and allows our clients, the homeowner, to login and access specific information about their property. Homeowners have the ability to see their properties calendar, revenue metrics, financial statements, book their own stay, submit maintenance requests and more in a sleek and user friendly manner.
- LocalVR Finance Application - Accounting in our industry is very complex and begins to get very complicated as you scale. This application allows us to organize the data we receive from our PMS, apply different financial rules and deliver precise monthly financial summaries, or “Owner Statements”, with a breakdown of any given month's reservation financial information to our clients. Statements are generated and organized automatically for each homeowner. Once approved by our team, each statement is emailed to the related client. We then process payment for each client using an integration with Stripe.
- Ownership over LocalVR’s entire technical architecture
- Build and ship reliable software leveraging automated testing and Continuous Delivery
- Triage & resolve bugs that may occur in existing software
- Follow, manage and adhere to software development roadmap
- Effectively communicate progress of roadmap to executive team
- Python (Flask is a bonus)
- CI/CD pipeline management
- Writing strong functional and unit tests
- Manual QA testing
- Agile development practices (Kanban or Scrum)
- Care about code quality: purposely deliver high-quality coding standards and well-written code
- Strong desire to learn: you’re always looking for ways to improve your abilities
- Persistent in delivering impactful solutions and designing architecture on mobile projects
- A constant drive to innovate and solve complex problems with feasible and practical software solutions
- A business owner’s mindset where you take responsibility and ownership over not just specific projects but for the success of the department overall.